Have you ever sensed there’s something special about you – a difference that is unique, creative, and powerful – yet you’ve never identified what it is or known how to deliberately access it?
This special quality of yours, this difference, this treasure, appears and dazzles others (including you at times!) in short bursts. It’s elusive. It’s variable. It’s situational.
For many of my clients, this is the mysterious flip side of living with ADHD traits.
Sure, there are also challenges. You may have trouble following through on the many things you impulsively start. You may frequently forget things or lose things. You may have poor awareness of time and limited control over your ability to focus when you want to.
You’re probably here because of challenges like these, but my message is a little different. Unpacking ADHD is based on a neurodiversity perspective. If you live with ADHD traits, your brain is not broken. It’s just different.
Learning to thrive with ADHD traits is a developmental journey. Through education and exploration, you can:
- Recognize the strengths of your unique wiring, as well the challenges.
- Accept and optimize the amazing brain you have.
- Build a life that’s based on a balanced view, a life that celebrates who you really are, with a flexible scaffolding of strategies and support to help you achieve your goals.
How to Move Forward
If you like what you’ve read so far, please take a few minutes to try one or all of the following:
- Take the Adult ADHD Spectrum Self Test and see what you learn about your strengths, as well as challenges.
- Learn about Adult ADHD Myths that may be holding you back from getting support.
- Test drive the first Unpacking ADHD Core Series course for free, including the introductory lesson and all topic titles. There’s no risk or obligation. You don’t even have to create an account.
Who’s Behind This?
I’m Don Baker, MA, LMHC, and Unpacking ADHD is my life’s work. I live with ADHD and I’ve worked with hundreds of others in our tribe over the past 16 years. The resources and classes on this site offer a proven path to living more successfully with ADHD traits — and you don’t need an ADHD diagnosis to benefit. Anyone with a lot of ADHD traits can get enormous value from exploring their unique brain wiring and learning brain optimization strategies.
What kind of value, you ask?
- Understand yourself better
- Gain confidence
- Identify and focus on your strengths
- Work with less effort
- Improve your ability to focus when you want to
- Finish what you start
- Live a life that’s really you!
Please join me and start charting your personal course to a more fulfilling life!
This is so true! Why view ADHD as hindrance when you can turn it into a strengtn?